Sometimes you can get so wrapped up in planning the wedding of your dreams that you completely forget about planning the honeymoon of your dreams! When this happens I encourage brides to take a breather and book a Mini-Moon.
A mini-moon is similar to a honeymoon where you take some time after your I Do’s to give your new marriage the quiet attention it deserves. It is a shorter period of time and doesn’t require flight bookings. Save your overseas vacations for the end of the year so you have more events to look forward to!
What I love about mini-moons:
- They are more cost effective than a traditional overseas honeymoon
- They require less planning (who wants to leave the room anyway?)
- They are following the wedding (usually during the week) which means less crowds
- They are a perfect alternative to skipping the honeymoon altogether
- They are great if you’re strapped for vacation days around your wedding
The purpose of the mini-moon is to celebrate your newlywed bliss. You don’t have to go very far to have an incredible experience. Here are some of my favorite mini-moon spots around Los Angeles:
- Santa Barbara – Take in the ocean breeze and relax with your honey on the beach. Santa Barbara has top quality hotels and wine tasting tours that will pick you up right outside your door. Hop aboard the Grapeline and have fun with other celebrating couples!
- Ojai – An hour and a half outside of LA, Ojai is a special gem. Enjoy a private horseback ride and explore this soulful town. Splurge and book a couples massage at the world famous Ojai Valley Inn and Spa.
- Big Sur – A longer drive up the PCH, Big Sur is a majestic mini-moon for the active couple. Spend your time hiking the numerous trails and nestling together while viewing the breathtaking vistas. Book a night at Treebones Resort and glamp it up in your own private yurt.
- Catalina Island – Just a short ferry ride away Catalina Island is perfect for a 2 night mini-moon. Rent a pair of bicycles and ride around the entire island. Check out some zip-lining action if you’re feeling more adventurous!
- Disneyland! – Stay at the Disneyland Resort and get the Disney treatment wearing your “Just Married” mouse ears. Lines are shorter during the weekdays and you continue to get the Princess treatment as all of the members congratulate you. Always a fun time!
Can I tell you a secret? After you get married anytime you go on vacation is your honeymoon! Let people know how many years you have been celebrating and enjoy the encouragement.
Short trips or long you’re with your honey and that’s what matters most!